- If you are a tax resident in Hungary, you can offer 1% of your yearly income tax to a non-profit organisation of your choice and another 1% to a registered religious organisation.
- These 1+1% are deducted from the amount of tax you have to pay and do not mean additional expenses for you
- You have to explicitely let know the tax authority what to do with your 1% tax, they will remind you or decide for you. You have until May 20 of each year to do this.
How can you support us with 1% of your personal income in Hungary?
Online donation of 1% tax
- If you have an online access to the government portal you should:
- log in
- select a 1 +1% declaration form
- enter our tax number: 18252903-1-43
- make sure that you see “KÖZÉP-BUDAI ÖNKÉNTES POLGÁRI VÉDELMI EGYESÜLET” in the “Organisation” field
- submit the form
Donation via tax report form
- If you do your taxes by sending paper forms via post or in person you should:
- download the file below
- print it out
- fill it out – it has English translations for all the fields
- send it in together with your other tax report
Alternatively, if you would like to fill in this form online and you are OK with Hungarian-language webpage, you can fill in the form via this link and then print it out.